Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a '94/'95 T-5 a direct bolt on to a Fox Body 302? (87-93). Looking to trash my AOD and want to get right the first time. :evil: :joy:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry man, not a bolt in. The input shaft is 19mm longer. The belhousing is deeper for the longer input. The trans can be changed with a new input. and installed with the pre 94 belhousing, same drive shaft and crossmember.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It will work fine if you use the 94 bellhousing and shift fork. Watch the driveshaft length though, as the 94 T5 + bell will be 3/4" longer than yours.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wouldn't switching to a '94/95 bellhousing and transmission be an effective way to slightly move weight to the rear of the car? This coupled with moving the whole engine and tranny back with a k-member that allows this seems like it could help out a bit.

Beau

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Info guys....

The dude's got a 95 T-5 complete with Bell, clutch, quadrant, just about everything. So If I was to go this way, my only clitch would be possibly shorting the drive shaft? :confused:

The way I read it, this tranny will bolt up my 302 ('88), but with the longer input shaft, the whole assembly will be just a little longer, possibly having to modify the driveshaft.

Is it worth the hassle, or hold out for a decent pre-93 assembly? Thanks again for all the help!! Don :joy:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Don,

I have an 87 T-5 that I have just completely gone through. It is my backup. I took all of the insides out of a 90 T-5 and built the 87 up with them. All of the synchros, bearings, and gears.I even have the bellhousing since I am running a Lakewood scattershield. It will need a shifter (the stock one got pitched a long time ago) I recommend the B&M ripper.

My 90 T-5 has all of the D&D goodies in it including the 2.95 1st, and the alloy gear set. Anyway, If you are interested let me know.
[email protected]

Later,

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts