Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any significant increase in power with a Holley Systemax II Intake over an Extrude Honed GT40 Intake? What are the ups and downs of this intake? Thanks.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I thought you made the change awile back?

I just switched mine from a unported Cobra to the Holley, but I'm also adding more boost and a PMS to tune it with.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think most will agree that you will find a very noticeable difference in more power.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else have any opinions? Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You can't extrude hone the upper on a GT-40 intake. The runners are bent, thin tubes; unlike every other intake which is a solid casting.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Anderson Ford Motorsorts did a dyno test on a bunch of different intakes on a supercharged 5.0 Go to there web site and check it out under magazine articles.. The holley and even the trickflow street heat intake actualy beat the GT40 and cobra pretty badly

The Runner Volumes...Comparing fuel-injected 5.0 intakes on a blown Real Street car

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blue stanger said:
You can't extrude hone the upper on a GT-40 intake. The runners are bent, thin tubes; unlike every other intake which is a solid casting.
I know you can't extrude hone the upper, I meant the lower, im sorry. My lower is ported by B&B and extrude honed.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Not sure if this is the one referred to, but another blower car intake shootout.

For what it's worth, I swapped from a GT-40 to an Edelbrock Performer (don't plan to go over 6200) and picked up +22 rwhp/+23 rwtq with no other changes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just swapped out my Cobra intake for a Systemax and it definitely feels a little stronger. I wish I had a before and after dyno.

·
Registered
863 Posts
99svtlightning said:
I just swapped out my Cobra intake for a Systemax and it definitely feels a little stronger. I wish I had a before and after dyno.

any before and after track times?

Was your Cobra ported at all? I just made the change myself, but its still not ready yet.

·
Registered
672 Posts
My cobra lower intake was fully ported & polished and was welded back up where it needed to be. This was done by fox lake and the only thing that can touch it is if you had a ported holley or ported trickflow intake. The lower only cost me $180 at a swap shop (he gave me the fox lake receipts) and it is awesome!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts