Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i currently have svo headers/mac prochamber/dynomax race bullets and 3" turndowns. The car really does sound good. Its loud as hell "which i like" but it rumbles the ground and everything around. It has a nice deep throaty sound....i love it. But after going to all the trouble of building a "fast" car i figured why stop short........ so i got some hooker longtubes which only come with an X pipe. I dont think all the "custom" work to get an H on there is going to be done so i am wondering....... what muffler sounds the best with the X pipe. I want something LOUD but i also want something that RUMBLES i am not to much on the EXOTIC sound i dont guess.........
I love 2 chambers with an offroad H...... but these bullets with turndowns and a prochamber sound great!!!
So i was thinking....mufflers i might choose from are:
Magnapacks
Keep the bullets
Borla
Mac pro dumps

Which do you think would sound the best, give the best "deep" rumble, and be the loudest???????????
all opinions appriciated!
thanks

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have Mac catback with the Hooker longtubes and X pipe and it sounds amazing... It has a real nice growl til 3 grand then gets all out mean. It has a metallicy sound to it from the X pipe but I like it better this way.

·
Registered
693 Posts
anthoney....JUST DO IT! you'll never go back to that H thing again! but no, seriously....if you dont like the setup, maybe we can find you an H style setup, and kirk will take thos LT's and X off your hands, we'll even do the swap!?!? whattaya thunk!?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Best deep rumble - Mac
Loudest Mother ****er - Magnapacks

While the Pack will be loud as hell, I'm not sure how good they sound with an O/R pipe.

Trial and Error: I'd try your Bullets first, then decide from there.

BTW - I love my Packs!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts