Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently swapped a turbo coupe rear into my 89 5.0. This things are pure junkyard gold! Paid $100 for an 8.8 with disc brakes, 3.73's, and a traction lock. Everything bolts up except....
the quad shock mounts are located differently and this interferes with the factory wheels. Also, I had to use my factory drum brakes because the emergency brake cable is different between a Stang and a T-bird. Any way to remedy these problems???

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I did this recently and just transferred the T-Bird parts to my Mustang axle housing so I could keep the quad shocks in the correct position (my current axle housing is powder coated anyway, so it looked nicer!). The only real difference now is the slightly wider rear track and the benefit of rear discs.

As far as the e-brake cables go, the T-Bird cables will not work. Go through FRPP and get the replacement cables they sell for $30 each or use the SVO cables. Matt's site has great info on all of this!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh you are such a liar, you paid nothing for and when you stole it from me you turd:D ! I'll be happy to take the hundred bucks off your hands though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts