Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Looks like I either lost my account or never actually had one here.

Now lets get into it my car stock came with the t45 recently I have swapped this trans for the 4r70w along with harness and all mechanically i'm good i'm just wondering if electrically I can put an Auto ecm and run it that way or will there be other issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
make sure you swap out all because your going from 5 speed to automatic the harnesses are different the 5 speed uses a clutch switch to start and the auto does not.make sure you remove the pilot bearing in the crank and use the automatic fly wheel you cant use the stick one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes sir got all that stuff just was unsure on the wiring i need an sfi flex plate. But I wanna get a feel for the car with my new build so wanna run it as is but don't want to pay $750 on a quick shift controller when ill be going to a manual valve body with trans brake in the near future.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think the kickdown is done electronically on the 4r70w, but not 100% sure. That would be another reason to use the auto harness if it's the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes sir I have the auto harness for the trans and my harness that connects to it is a full 16 pin and 8 for the O2 sensors so all wiring should be there I'm going to check out some schematics and see if its possibly just a fuse or relay that is non existant on a manual car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts