Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am working with my Dad on rebuilding his 84 SVO. We have completely rebuilt the motor and now we are to the turbo and we really need some help. I have done some research about replacing the factory T3 turbo with a T3/T4 turbo. My question is, what turbo would be best? I found this one on eBay:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
and am not sure what to think about it. We are looking to get some good HP and not spend the bank at the same time. I have no experience with turbos so I am looking for any information (Trim, A/R, manufacturer, etc.) as well as places to buy them.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Adam

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have kind of gathered that from some of the other threads on other sites. I would like to know where to get a quality turbo for a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Stick with the stock turbo. The early SVO's had a fairly big T3 that can support up to 300 hp. A T3/T4 will make incredible power, but drivability will suffer. Talk to Charlie at Evergreen Turbo about a rebuild--its affordable and Charlie does nice work. I know several people who have had their turbos done with him.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Roger,

We did talk to Charlie at Evergreen Turbo and he gave us some very helpful information about what we have to work with. We may end up sending the T3 off to be rebuilt by him.

Apocolipse,

If we don't upgrade now...it will be later for sure. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts