Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other mods would benefit this set-up?

Roush Supercharger
SE Racing 9lb. pulley
Pro M maf
K&N air filter
NKG TR-6 spark plugs
FRPP 9mm spark plug wires
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
FRPP 3.73 gears
Magnaflow x-pipe w/cats
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system

Would a fuel pressure regulator and timing adjuster be worth it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm basically building the same combination you have on my '98.

I just picked up a set of P&P SVO Heads to go on with the S/C. My next decision will be cams. Haven't decided between PI's and Comp. I like the idea of the PI's for the lower cost and the emissions testing, but I really hate to see these heads not used to their full potential. Did I see LT's on your list? If not that would be one of the first things I'd consider.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If you are running the stock SVO EEC, you may be able to benefit from a Timing Adjuster. I just installed one on a freinds NA 2000 GT and there was a noticeable gain.

If you have a custom tune and your tuner did his job, you probably won't get much from it. A few things that aren't on your list that may help . . .

Headers
70mm TB
PI cams
colder T stat?

Also, where is your MAF and filter? I relocated mine to the fenderwell shortly after I got my SVO installed and it ran a bit cooler according to the gauge.

I also had my blower ported by magum powers. Maybe more of a pain for you since your blower is installed, but I think it helped.

With my open filter sucking hot air from the engine bay on a 94° day, I dyno'd 280 rwhp on a MUSTANG dyno, with a RICH tune (A/F <10.8:1 from 3400rpm up). I asked for a rich tune to keep temperatures and detonation under control on a road course.

I'm going to install a 70mm TB and have it re-tuned now, I think my CAI is making it run even richer than my dyno sheet says. I'm hoping for 290rwhp on his Mustang Dyno.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts