Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$1500

SINCE IM NEW I CANT POST URLS FOR PICS! SORRY GUYS!
you can reach me at:

my # 916-871-3719

I dont know how to post pics. heads are currently on the car. I want to sell the combo all together. I can email any pics and video of the car running.

Here is some info on the heads and intake! Since im new it wont let me post any urls. if you need the website i got this info from just let me know.

SVO RACING HEADS:

Ford SVO Cylinder Head
In 1998, Ford released the SVO 2-valve head, which is the best 2-valve head produced to date. This head has a 51-cc combustion chamber like the early production head, but that is where the similarity ends. The chamber does not have the wall near the inlet valve, relying instead on a quench pad opposite the spark plug to create in cylinder motion. The valve centerlines have been moved .080 inch closer to the center of the bore, unshrouding the oversized valves. The intake valve measures 46.8 mm, and the exhaust valve measures 35.8 mm. The intake port runner volume is 173 cc, the largest of the three 2-valve heads. All these attributes combine to produce 206 cfm at .600-inches of valve lift on the intake side, and 142 cfm at .600 inch on the exhaust side. Even more impressive is the fact that the SVO head outflows both other heads at every data point, so it is not just a high-flow head up top, but also throughout the rest of the RPM range. The SVO cylinder head has a quench pad opposite the spark plug, and unlike the production heads, has no wall by the intake valve to promote mixture motion. The valve sizes are enlarged to 46.83 mm on the intake valve, and 35.88 mm on the exhaust. The intake port is still a round shape, but with the injector spray path more widely integrated than the early production head.

SVO INTAKE MANIFOLD:

SVO Intake
At present, there are only two options other than the production intake for the 4.6. The first aftermarket intake available was a long-runner intake from Ford SVO, released in 1998 to complement the SVO heads that were released at the same time. The SVO intake uses a large plenum located in the valley area of the engine, combined with large cross section runners of reasonable length, fed by a twin-blade throttle body borrowed from the Cobra engine. This intake is a substantial improvement over the stock ‘92-‘98 intakes. Unfortunately, the intake port only mates with the SVO cylinder head, although if you really need to, a tig welder and die grinder will modify this intake to fit other cylinder-head ports. The SVO intake also works quite nicely with supercharged engines, and the throttle-body location, plus the fact that the throttle body is a Cobra piece, means that the Cobra supercharger duct can be substituted for the GT piece provided with the original supercharger kit, and everything will line up perfectly.

The Ford SVO intake offers an increased runner volume compared to the stock intake. It also offers an increased runner length for improved upper-RPM power, combined with good mid-range torque. Ford Racing offers installation kits available for ‘96-‘98 Mustangs, or the SVO intake may be installed on other applications with owner supplied installation components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts