Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically when we were installing my heads, 4 intake valves got bent. We didn't time it wrong, a peice of my timing cover broke and fell into the timing chains. Where and how can I get these valves? Aren't the Ferea valves? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I was woried I wouldn't be able to find those valves! Now hopefully they have them in stock!! I have to get this car going!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I think they're a new catalog item because I only noticed them a few weeks ago. I got one of each from Southwest Ford last week so they did at least have them in stock then. I wanted to be able to sacrifice them to protect the valve seats if I polish the combustion chambers.

Mod Max also offers direct size replacements made by Ferrea for the SVO heads. I stumbled onto those last week at Pro Power's web site.

Are you doing a dyno tune after you get done? Keep us posted on how you make out.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if i can get those valves by midweek, I will put the car back together on Friday. I am going to drop the rh head of at the machine shop on monday so they can check the valve guides and seats. *hopefully* They are ok.

Do you think I could use 4 modmax valves and use the other stock 12 and everything would be ok?

·
Registered
657 Posts
98muscrat said:
Do you think I could use 4 modmax valves and use the other stock 12 and everything would be ok?
I'd only do that if you know for sure that they are identical in material, dimensions, and weight to the OEM. If you want to check into them, here's a link to them on the Pro Power site...

Pro Power Valve Page

1 - 6 of 6 Posts