Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I’ve tried searching for this answer with no luck.

I will be doing a 5 lug conversion on my 91 GT. I will be doing sn95 spindles on the front and would like to use LMR’s 5 lug axles and drums on the rear. The goal is to run SVE series 3 wheels. I have seen them on foxbodies before but they usually have disc brakes all the way around. Will this work and if so will I have to do any modifications such has flip/delete the quadshock?

Thank You!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I've been running the Ranger 9" drum setup for years in the rear of my 93 coupe and have had zero issues with 17x10.5" FR500 wheels with 305 tires so I wouldn't think it would be a problem other than not seeing a cool looking big caliper peeking through. I did however delete the quad shocks and move the emergency brake cables in more on the control arms. The quads were gone before the wheel change but there was no way they would fit anyways.. You could try installing the quad shocks upside down , That does allow more room but probably not enough to prevent rubbing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.