Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys heres the deal, i am wanting to know what strut/shock combo is going to work good on my car, i am looking for the best "bang for the buck" if you would say. i'm not really crazy about forking out 500 bucks for koni adj. so other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i'm going to tell you what i have already... i have all of this laying around so far, and i am going to install it in the summer when it gets warmer.. to cold to work in the garage in the winter..:D here goes: BBK lowering springs all four corners, '94 spindles and five lug hubs, '99 five lug rotors, '2001 PBR calipers, MM ss brake lines, Hotchkis cc plates, weld on subframe connectors, aluminum driveshaft, energy suspension front control arm bushings, energy suspension sway bar and end link bushings, factory five rear upper and lower control arms, five lug ranger axles, new five lug drums, and i plan on running 99 cobra wheels with 245/45 tires. any help you all could give would be great... thanks very much....brian, email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
678 Posts
What combo you go with depends on your goal. Are you gonna drag race your car? Road race it? Just want something cool for the street? But save yourself some time and hassle now and just save up for the good stuff. I bought KYB's back when I was putting my Stang together on a budget. Then I bought Tokicos when I wanted something better. I wish I had just bought the Tokicos from the beginning.

Remember, you usually get what you pay for.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Many people (myself included) with Fox's and SN95's have really liked the Bullitt Suspension, I am not sure how that would work with the springs you listed, but the whole kit 2 shocks 2 struts and 4 springs is $339 from Gene Evans Ford. But, like the other guy said it depends on what you want from the car drag, corner carver or daily driver.

SN95GT50

1 - 3 of 3 Posts