Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2000 Ford Taurus in need of a new suspension. I know there are a lot of knowledgable people on this forum, and maybe you can help me out.
I would like to know what your recommendations would be for replacement parts that would provide a better ride and feel, without inducing harshness. This is a bigger car, but I know that the stock suspension can be improved upon. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
27,649 Posts
Hmm...leave the springs alone, replace worn bushings, get excellent struts? Does Bilstein make struts for Tauri? If so, that'd be my choice.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MFE said:
Hmm...leave the springs alone, replace worn bushings, get excellent struts? Does Bilstein make struts for Tauri? If so, that'd be my choice.
I have been looking, but have not found Bilsteins for the taurus yet. Thanks for the reply:)

·
Super Moderator
27,649 Posts
I know Koni makes some, because up until recently modified Taurus Koni's were the only choice Grand Prix/Regal drivers had for anything better than KYB's as far as upgrades go. But Koni is generally held to be less "comfortable" as Bilstein thanks to more aggressive compression valving.

·
Registered
366 Posts
There used to be two shops that did Taurus SHO work: "I'll SHO U performance" and "The SHO Shop." I'm not sure if they are both still around, but one of them might be able to help.

ps. Love the quote in your sig.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help all.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts