Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the deal I am picking up a 95 gt with lakewood 70/30 in the front and competition eng. 3 way adjustables in the rear with stock springs. I haven't driven it yet so I have no clue how it feels. I want to go with a coil-over set up in the front. This is a daily driven car. I don't road race or anything but I don't want to have to go on the off ramps at 25-30 mph. I do go to the track during the summer. So what struts should I run in the front or will those be fine? How will the shocks be? Are they mainly a drag shock? Or kind of in the middle. The rear I just want to put a set of lowering springs with the existing shocks. Can someone push me in the right direction, or give some advice as to good middle of the line set up? Thanks for any help you can give.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I have GP coilovers with 175lb springs (12 or 14in i can't remember) with Lakewood 70/30s...works fine. Just have to grind on the housing a tad. The rear shocks should work fine on the street ( on the looser settings) and then stiffen it up at the track. Make sure to get some good steel c/c plates (preferably MM plates) for the coilovers.

Troy

·
Registered
475 Posts
Drive whatcha end up with and judge for yourself. Then modify from there dependent upon where you want different changes in performance.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. I'm just trying to get some ideas together before hand. Trying to think of what mods to do first. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts