Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run a Vortech (or other centrifugal supercharger) in street trim on a (relatively) stock Cobra?

What were your impressions?

Where on the tach was your peak power? Was it redline?

Thanks,
IJCobra

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Vortech S-Trim made a big difference. Not sure at what RPM max HP is achieved.

Adding 30 lb. injectors, a power pipe, ProM 80mm MAF, and a jms chip made a big difference as well.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I went from 13.30s @ 104 to 12.40s @ 114, both times on nittos, with the addition of a Vortech S-trim, AFM power pipe, Pro-M 80mm shorty, and 30lb injectors and 255lph intank and T-Rex inline. Just be careful with the boost. At 15lbs of boost and an aggresive tune I cracked the #1 piston.

Troy

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you run that much boost?

Race fuel and/ or timing retard?

Doesn't retarding your timing pretty much negate the added boost?

I've always heard/read that 6-8psi is pretty much max for 93 octaine and standard timing.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock Cobras achieve their rated 240 HP at 4800 RPM, and fall off after that. The rev limit is 6250. That leaves 1450 RPM basically wasted. Centrifugal superchargers build power as RPM increases, so I'm hoping this will put my max power at redline (where it should be).

psikillz said:
My Vortech S-Trim made a big difference. Not sure at what RPM max HP is achieved.

Adding 30 lb. injectors, a power pipe, ProM 80mm MAF, and a jms chip made a big difference as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Buddy of mine was running a Vortech A-trim on his 94 cobra. He then upgraded with all the bolt ons, and eventually an S-trim. He'll still tell you his car ran better with just the 6-8lbs boost. Not as fast, but still damn quick, and with less problems. Now he's got a 306 with the s-trim, putting out gobs of HP, and breaks stuff.

·
Registered
705 Posts
similar setup

95gt at time 111,000 not a cobra but pretty simialar
no 1.7's or gt40heads
My car dynoed 244hp
with cobra intake,65mm tbm 73mm CL mass, 19 injectors, bassani x, 2/1/2" tails, underdrives, no smog pump , msd and wires and coil. stock engine, stock headers.

removed 73mm C&L mass air, ran smog pump, underdrives, bassani X.
Added V2 sq 8psi and mac long tube headers and mac shorty H
Got
342rwhp/359tq, would have been more but m crappy 19# injector just didn't have enough fuel.....
Check out my web page to compare dyno sheets and track times
hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts