Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats up. i've searched for this and could only find about "shorties" for supercharged cars so i made this. I cant decide what will be better for a supercharged application.
Will LT's will be worth the trouble with clearance issues and whatnot, or shorties for the price? And i just dont know much about midlengths, so school me. but to cut to the chase, i have an 01 GT with an MMR 800 block, going to get a kenne bell 2.6, and patriot stage 3 heads. so i guess what im asking is what header will be most cost to power efficient for a kenne bell. I'm completely open to any suggestions.
Thanks guys,
Mike

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
i think lt's will be def worth it. i have macs some people will reccommend bbk i think either will work good for you. Im still n/a but i think lt's were one of th ebest mods i have done so far. prob second best only to gears as far as a bang for the buck.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
longtubes FTW...let's not get the brand battle started again, we just had a huge thread on that....but no denying longtubes are the best regardless of brand.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
absolutely hbk. shorties are not really even worth reccommending really. especially in a supercharged application like his

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
absolutely hbk. shorties are not really even worth reccommending really. especially in a supercharged application like his
Definitely. It might be one thing if you ALREADY had the shorties and were possibly debating spending the money the throw on longtubes, but debating on whether to buy shorties or longtubes is NO contest! For the same price or even like an extra $100, the longtubes are tremendously worth it, as i can easily see them getting you 10-15 horsepower TO THE WHEELS in a supercharged application, not to mention the torque.

Do it, don't look back. Longtubes fit just fine, even with the stock k-member. I only have experience with BBK's, but the fitment is great and clearances are not close enough for me to ever worry about rubbing/hitting.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks guys you made this choice simple. LT's FTW!! and yea no need on the brands, from what i understand, buying high price names like hooker or bassani, your paying for not having to remove them, or them not being as much of a PITA when changing clutch etc, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.