Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need sunroof parts?? i got the answer

about 3 months ago i broke thelatch on my sunroof which ended up letting water into my car so i had to tie the sunroof down. but not anymore because i got the part i needed from www.sunroofdoctor.com they have latches kits and even electric sunroofs today i just got the velm latch

that i needed to fix my sunroof hope it helps out sum ppl.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That fits on the stock glass and works with the existing latch? I looked at the site. They did not list the mustang under the OEM roofs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's because the velm latch is not OEM is aftermarket

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
This should be posted in the Body Shop forum as it is body related. Anyhow glad I found this post. What is the part # and price for it? I broke mine AGAIN in less than a year. My whole sunroof assembly is squeaking and rattling like hell do to it sitting loose.

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
crash22 said:
that's because the velm latch is not OEM is aftermarket
Wait. I don't think I read correctly at first. Please clarify. This aftermarket latch from Velm fits the original factory sunroof or is YOUR sunroof aftermarket installed?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what i meant is that mustangs didn't originally come with velm sunroofs. but you can find out easly who makes your sunroof by reading what it says on the latch. if ur latch looks the same as mine then you have a velm sunroof. if not go here:
http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/amsunrooflines.htm
and click on "have a sunroof but don't know who makes it" and they'll tell you how to find it and they have pictures with the latches so if u can see yur latch click on it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
So that does no go to the factory roof.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope. but they do have the 1 that ges on the factory roof you just gotta know which one it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts