Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
For that kind of money I think I would go with a PowerBond or Romac. They are more "known" around here, and have worked great for many users.

Jack @ www.musclemotors.com can get you a great price on one, it will be less than $269 for sure.

Ian

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Call Jack and tell him you need it ASAP, he will have them in stock or will get them shipped to you. He can get it to you overnight or the next day no problem.

Tell him Ian sent you!

Ian

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have the Summit 28oz Race Balancer for my 347, and it's a quality piece. It's Australian made. I would consider a Powerbond, but I have heard stories of a few people I know having to hone out the Romac to get it to fit on a Stock crank.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hey Ron!

Did you have any problem with the Summit balancer not lining up correctly with the static pointer of the timing cover when it was on TDC? The one I bought from you is off by about 20 or 30 degrees. I think I can correct it easily by using a timing tape but I was just wondering if it was due to it being a 28oz balancer or if the marks were just off on this one. My 50oz balancer lines up just fine on my 302 stock block, its just the 28oz on the 347 that is off.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Hey Glenn,
Yeah the 28oz balancer is off that far, as it is made for the Early 302/351 timing pointers with the opposite side water pump outlet, You'll either have to use timing tape, which is what I am doing or make up a pointer. I wound up buying another one just like the one I sold you, because I couldn't get an FMS, and didn't want to do Romac/CAT balancer. I figured that out after I sold you that one and bought another one! How is your project coming? My engine is assembled, but the car is still apart from Engine bay painting/rewiring.

Sorry B-Ray, don't mean to Hi-Jack your post. I'm no terrorist....:p

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have a Summit balancer. It is a nice piece. Read the instructions carefully because it is a two piece balancer. You'll get the balancer and a hub of some sorts to mount on the front of it so your crank pulley can be lined up correctly.

Casey

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Ron,

Yeah, that is what I figured on the timing marks. I think I will try the timing tape too, either that or a different adjustable pointer, my UPR one won't move far enough.

The engine is all together, save a few minor details, PCV system, distributor shaft problem and alternator mounting. I have an Aeromotive fuel system I still need to install too. I did some work on the front brakes (Wilwood) front suspension (QA-1 struts/coil-overs) and rear suspension (LCA's, poly axle bushings) over Xmas break so I still have a few things to sort out before I drop it in. I want to make sure the car is all set up BEFORE having to deal with handling the extra 150 HP. I am debating running it with my almost new T5-Z for break-in or just wating until I have a better tranny.

Decisons, decisons, decisons, thats all it takes. Oh yeah and money too!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts