Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had the car a few months. The sound is just, well, muddy is the best I can think of to describe it; it's just not "clean". I'm thinking the rear speakers are the weak link, but I'm not certain. I'd really like to avoid replacing the head unit. Any ideas?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Its almost accepted that if you wanna change something with the mach 460, you're better off changing everything. Speakers with out a doubt will make the biggest difference in the SQ, but most speakers wont work with the mach 460 stereo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but most speakers wont work with the mach 460 stereo. [/B]

OK, I'm ignorant. Why is it most speakers won't work with the Mach 460 system?

·
Registered
37 Posts
WinterParkStang knows what he's talking about. The reason why most, if not all, aftermarket speakers are not compatible with the Mach system is, for one, the impedance, and also the fact that the Mach speakers are run off 3 different amps and are crossed over at frequencies not ideal for most aftermarket speakers. If you try to install some coaxils in the doors, you'll only get low end, and if you try to install components, the tweets will be crossed over too low, along with the mids.

If you want to make the 460 sound better by adding more than a sub, it's best to just ditch the system and start fresh.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have installed after market speakers, and the Mach 460 sucks with it. One of the easiest things to do to improve the Mach 460 a little is to just by another head unit.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Actually, the clarity and power are coming from the amps. Before I upgraded everything I changed the amps and speakers with great results. You'll have to replace the speaker and amp wiring for it all to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts