Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the front suspension is about finished (installed new pads, rotors, struts, and urethane bushings) and the underdrive pullies should be here today or tomorrow. I think the next upgrade is to weld in subframe connectors. (D&D has them on sale this month for $59) Any tips or tricks, such as a specific welder (TIG, MIG, etc) I should be aware of?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Use a MIG welder. Stitch weld them on. Make sure the tires are supporting the weight of the car-no frame lifts, otherwise, if the frame gets 'torqued' when it's in the air, it'll stay that way once the SFCs are on. Keep the doors shut while it's supported as an extra added safety precaution. Be sure to disconnect the negative cable when welding-some people have fried their EECs. Paint them when you are done.
Good Luck!
Don

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I probably would not have thought twice about how the car was lifted. I know I would not have thought about the battery/EEC shorting out. Great advice!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
MIG or TIG welding. Clean the area to be welded, grind to bare metal (sure you would have thought about that:) ).
Other than that it has been said.
Good price on the SFC. If you have a vert, might consider full length, wish I would have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts