Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Grumble... Coming back from lunch I decided to put down the top on my '97 GT convertible. Went to roll down the windows and the driver's side window wouldn't roll down.

The voltmeter moves when I hit the switch, so I know it isn't anything electrical - the switch works and the motor is trying to turn, but the window seems jammed. The rest of the windows went down okay.

I tried pushing down on it while hitting the down button to no avail.

Anyone been here before? I'm going to fix it myself for sure, just wanted to see if anyone had any hints on it...

later,
ben
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
The same exact thing happened on my 00 vert. Drivers side window went part way down then stopped. I moved the switch back and forth a couple of times and got a large thunk from the door. Turns out they had to replace the motor and the glass. Somehow they broke the glass replacing the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meant to say rear window...

Just realised that my post wasn't terribly clear! Of course, this is nothing new as my fiancee accuses me of almost speaking in tongues at times... :D

Anyway, I meant to say that it was the driver's side rear window - the little tiny thing you just roll when you put the top down.

I almost wish it was the driver's side window - a friend with an '88 GT 'vert has indicated that you've got to remove the rear seat to get access to the quarter panels that cover the rear window motors and gearboxes.

Apparently on his, the cheap plastic gears inside disintigrated, jamming up the works. He replaces those gears about every five years. He's also said that Lincoln made them in steel for one of those cars and that they can be made to fit the mustang, but he has no real info on part numbers, how to, etc... :confused:

later,
ben
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts