Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have pics. im looking for something different than the regular 3 point design. or something like a monte carlo bar

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've got some of the one on my car, my friend hand makes them here in Houston. It's a four point "Monte Carlo" type. Only problem is I don't know how to post them. If someone volunteers I'll email. The pic quality is good red agaist black.

Vernon

·
Registered
678 Posts
92 Pony beat me to it. I've got the MM brace also. Kick ass design and easy to install.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The MM brace is sooooo nice. I have a BBK and its a POS compared to the MM piece. It almost makes me want to swap out the BBK and get a MM. Anyway, go with the MM brace and don't look back.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
strut tower brace

i dont have pics yet but i have the Mac chrome strut tower brace
& its thick, light, fits like a glove & installs in minutes. i give it my highest recomendation as far as strut braces go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have the Mac chrome strut tower brace
me too....love it and no complaints

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the MM brace, How many holes to do have to drill? Is it hard to take off if you want to have more room under the hood when working on the car?

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Any STB's work with a Supercharger? I'm looking into a Vortech in the spring but i want to put a STB on now. I don't want to have o rip it off later on

·
Registered
678 Posts
1991CALYPSO - You have to drill 6 holes for the MM brace, 3 in each strut tower. It would be a bit of a pain to take it on and off. The 2 bolts back at the firewall took me a while.

Mustang5L5 - Don't know about the MM unit clearing a supercharger. You might possibly run into problems with the intake tube.

·
Registered
23,548 Posts
Hey 92pony, after looking at your pics, i was wondering how you add oil to your engine without removing the STB. I have a old Saleen STB that has a bend at the oil filler so as not to interfere.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a MM also and it made a world of difference in the front end. I could really tell the difference backing out of the driveway.

To add oil you will need to be a real good aim or simply use a funnel. Works great.

As far as using it with a supercharger...call MM and ask them. Matt was real helpful when I called and asked some questions. Their web site is www.maximummotorsports.com

I got mine from Jack at

Muscle Motors Performance
22919 Calvert Street
Woodland Hills, California 91367
Orders/Tech: (818)-888-7778
Fax: (818) 932-1981

...ordered about $1,500 worth of stuff from him in the past month and had NO problems. MM stuff was drop shipped and came on time as he said.

Explorer

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
indy2000 said:
Hey 92pony, after looking at your pics, i was wondering how you add oil to your engine without removing the STB. I have a old Saleen STB that has a bend at the oil filler so as not to interfere.
The brace is a little close to the cap. It takes about 1.5 extra second of wiggling to get the cap out. When adding the oil, I can do it 'freehand' if I'm feeling lucky, with the oil container back near the intake, pointing out toward the filler neck. I usually just use a short funnel though. My hand is never steady enough, and I end up with 1/2qt on the header by the time I'm finished. :rolleyes: LOL! The improvement the brace makes is WELL WORTH any slight, slight inconvenience introduced by its presence.

1991Calypso; The brace isn't too tough to R&R - I've had mine off twice. As mentioned above, it's 6 bolts/nuts at the strut towers, and then the two bigger bolts/nuts up at the firewall. For those two, patience and small hands are nice, but it's not that tough. Now, I wouldn't want to do it every week or anything, but..... ;)

Wade

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I did the Kenny Brown with a Vortech S-trim on my 1989:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
indy2000 said:
I also have the MM brace. It does go right over the cap but I do't really have any problem getting the cap off. Just as the last thread is off I can get it Out. I've seen posts to just cut a thread or two off to make it shorter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts