Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to get opinions so I don't ruin this nitrous solenoid. I got the kit off a friend(nx express) and he ran no purge so he plugged it with some kind of orange loctite. Well it stripped with an allen head and I've been trying to get vice grips on it still no luck. Im thinking buy an extractor to fit in the plug that bites into its surroundings?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You might try some heat to soften the locking compound. Don't use too much as you don't want to damage the solenoid.

If the thing is really fooked up you might then take it to a good welder and have him use a MIG to tack a good nut onto it and turn it out that way.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thats gonna be tough to get out without messing up the seals inside. If you have one of those little "crack" torches you can heat just the plug a little and see if that loosens the sealer or I would try a soldering gun with the tip right in the center of the plug, you can regulate the heat to the body of the solenoid a little better that way. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
the stripped screw extractors work pretty good on screws. if it will grab the inside of that allen head it should work.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Next time put it in a vise. I wouldn't heat it unless it's your last resort, like someone else said you're going to mess destroy the seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next time put it in a vise. I wouldn't heat it unless it's your last resort, like someone else said you're going to mess destroy the seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did have it in a vice, I'm feeling the extractor method

1 - 6 of 6 Posts