Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gt with auto transmission. It vibrates more the faster I drive. Not tire vibration. More of a buzz. I have tried a different rear end and drive shaft. The vibration is still the same. I can rev the engine and no vibration. I suspect something in the transmission but don't know.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Does the tailshaft leak at all? Try checking the driveshaft for up and down play at the tailshaft. Y my thought is the tailshaft bushing may be shot allowing some driveshaft movement

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
There are 2 different length output/tail shafts for the 4r70. When I converted mine from Awd to 2wd, I ended up getting the longer output shaft and tail shaft because they were much easier to find and significantly cheaper. Just make sure they are the same length. Also, you can just change the bushing if they are different lengths. If youre going to go through the trouble of swapping them, i would take the v6 one to a local trans shop an have a new bushing installed assuming they are the same length. I think i paid 70$ for a new bushing and seal installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pushed on the yoke in the transmission last night and there is a lot of play up and down. The yoke also has some galling and someone cut about 3/4 an inch off it. I'll replace the yoke, seal, and bushing. That should fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts