Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, a friend of mine has a 94 gt. her a/c was not working right. it would only blow on high, and would only blow out of the vents on top of the dash. i remembered the problem i had with mine (vacuum line leak) and fixed the dash vent problem. so now, all of the vents work normally, but the a/c doesnt blow at all onless it is on high. does anyone have a clue what this might be?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Swap

Try another Ac control head or measure the voltage at the blower motor to see if it is even getting power. Ford also uses a resistor to regulate the amount of voltage to blower motor but I believe it is in the control head.

·
Registered
55 Posts
All my various speeds are working and temp control is fine- but all air dumps out of defrost vents only.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
If Art's suggestion does not work, check the vac. tree on the firewall. Sounds like one of your vac lines is bad. You're gonna have to trace it to see where it's broken at. As old as the car is, the vac line has become hardened and brittle and is now subject to breaking with little to no effort. Also check the line inside the car by the center vents. If all else fails use the search as this subject has been beaten to death so you're bound to get some good hits on the subject....even with this version of the VB search. :rolleyes:

I had the same problem as you did. I replaced the vac line and the problem was solved. Hope this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
94 5.0 HO, sounds like your blower motor resistor is bad. Fan on high is the only speed you'll get if the resistor goes bad. The resistor cut's down the voltage to slow the fan speed down(usually three different resistor's in one block, to give you various speeds). I don't know where it's located though, look in the service manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts