Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried posting this in the Wheel and tires forum buy no luck, maybe you guys can help. I'm looking to see if the Stoptech front brake upgrade will work with the Wheel Replica 17x9" Bullitts. I was wondering what kind of brake clearance the guys had that were already running these wheels. I know the Bullitt/Cobra fronts fit, but I don't know how much clearance is left for the four piston with the Stoptechs. Thanks for any help.

Jon

·
Registered
287 Posts
The StopTech and Brembo brakes need this clearence...

image courtesy of Maximum Motorsports

I don't think any of the Bullitt wheels will work.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I'm 99.99% sure that the Bullitt wheels will not work. The only ones I can think of that'll work are Cobra Rs and König Villains. 98 Cobra wheels will probably work too but I'm not too sure. Also, Steeda Ultralights will probably work as well but again - not sure.

-Code

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn! I really wanted to use those wheels! Well that sucks. I was thinking that they were not going to work, but I had to be sure. I think I will just go with Y2K Cobra R's then. Thanks for the help guys.

Jon

·
Registered
287 Posts
'98 Cobra, '03 Cobra, '95 Cobra R, 2k Cobra R, FR500, Konig Villans, Steeda Ultra-lite and , Steeda Ultra-lite 2 will all work.

Any others I missed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a thought...would the 18" wheel replica bullitts work with the Stoptechs? I would really like to have bullits, otherwise i'll just use the Roush wheels.

Jon

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I would think the wheel manufacturer could tell you if their wheel will meet the dimensional requirements that LoneGunman posted. Can't hurt to call and ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts