Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock tach problems (Anyone)

I have a stock 92 trunk. When I start it , the tach goes up to around 4 thousand and stays ther. I checked the obvious. But It may take alittle more than my dead head.

Any one have any suggestions?

A

·
0 Posts
Mine does EXACTLY the same thing. I have posted on it before with no replies. Will be interested to see if you find anything. I'm thinking about a gauge pod soon with some other gauges and a tach--but we're in the middle of a move, so that may be along way off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
when the tach goes to 4000 is the engine revving that high? because if it is just the tach i would try a new one. its just a guess. i'll ask my friend and see if he has any ideas. don't know if i helped. but i always try. brandon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Supposively the magnet goes bad in the stock tach. Mine stays at 3000rpm. Sometimes it will go back to normal. I just went ahead and installed and auto meter tach with shift light. Its more accurate anyways. Also like I said, mine sits at 3000rpm. When it finally starts too move and hits 4000rpm, I'm really at 3000rpm according to my auto meter tach. I hope this helps a lil.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Stock Tach

Hey guys sorry for not responding back my computer took a dump.
I havent check anything out yet but i think im just going to get aftermarket tachs. I appreciate you all's feedback. Thanks again for you time and experiences

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I had this same thing happen, and my TFI was shot... Once I replaced it, it worked fine again.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Yea...my tach does the same thing...it sits at 4,000rpm when i crank it up.....could use help..thanks...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
W.O.T. Stang said:
I had this same thing happen, and my TFI was shot... Once I replaced it, it worked fine again.
Did your car still run with the bum TFI?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts