Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1995 Mustang GT, Explorer GT40 Long block, Anderson n41 cam.
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock gt40 long block (96 explorer motor.) I'm going to upgrade the valve springs and toss in a n41 cam. This is kind of a budget build, so for now I would like to run the stock rocker arms.

Do I just set the lash to zero, and make sure I get to 24ft with a 1/4 to 1 full turn?

Anybody run stock rockers with this cam?

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bolt them down and torque the stock rockers. No extra 1/4 to one turn. 22ft lbs to 24ft lbs would be plenty.
Yeah, I wasnt talking about a 1/4 or one turn past 24 lbs. I was saying do zero lash, and then torque to 24 lbs, and from zero lash to 24lbs ft lbs should happen with a 1/4 to 1 full turn.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will vary how much of a turn you get depending on the length of the pushrods and how they work with that cam. Are you trying to use the stock push rods? Going aftermarket hardened push rods? Do they need to be shorter or longer than stock length? Need to check the valve train geometry to see if they need to be shorter or longer. That's a pretty big jump from a stock cam to a N-41. I've got an N-412 in one of my car's but it has stud mount adjustable rockers. You may need different length push rods.
I do think I'll have to change the push rod. I do plan on measuring them... I will probably get roller rockers one day when I find a good deal on a set...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts