Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
929 Posts
Yeah, I wasnt talking about a 1/4 or one turn past 24 lbs. I was saying do zero lash, and then torque to 24 lbs, and from zero lash to 24lbs ft lbs should happen with a 1/4 to 1 full turn.
Your adjustment instructions are correct....
There are rocker shims available to help,,, I believe the kit I have has 3 different sizes included.
Roller rocker arms are really a wast of money unless you are " full race" ... What I purchased were some roller tip rockers which reduce or eliminate most of the valve guide wear... I found these at Lunati....
Font Auto part Symbol Fashion accessory Automotive wheel system

· Registered
929 Posts
Rocker shims won't work if the push rods are too short. Those Lunati roller tip rockers look like a waste of money to me. If you were able to give us a review maybe you could change my mind about those Lunati rockers even though I still wouldn't buy them. But I suppose your stang isn't running quite yet to be able to give us a review/feedback on them?
STill mad about the election??

· Registered
929 Posts
bringing up politics in a technical discussion? Time to go runoff and complain to MFE.

Ask the LS guys at work point they think a roller tip rocker is needed. It is overrated on most basic builds. At least that seems to be the more current popular opinion.
I was not going to use my 22 year old stock rockers on my build, so I bought these roller tip instead of new stock rockers....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts