FMS Aluminum Rad
No power steering, ac or smog pump
MAC Underdrive Pullies
FMS HD clutch
Pro 5.0 Shifter
4" cowl hood
190lph Walbro pump
Relocated Battery
Autometer gauges(Fuel pressure, nitrous pressure, Oil pressure, water temp and shift light)
15 x 3.5 Draglite Front runners
15 x 8 Draglites (5.5" BS) for street with McCreary L60s
15 x 9 Draglites with 28x10.5" ET Drags for strip
Nitrous Express 150 shot, with bottle heater/purge kit etc

Dyno sheets: (they're a little screwed up, I have no idea why, but you get the idea) All runs were made on pump gas with timing @ 9 degrees (usually ran 10, but made no difference whatsoever MPH wise)

Bottle pressure usually in the 1075-1125 range

The combo went 11.80 @ 112 with a 1.60 60ft, and weighed in at 3275 lbs with me in it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I dont know whats cooler when launching at 5500RPM+, the cringe-your-whole body acceleration feeling, or the amazement when you are still moving and nothing broke:lol:

Had you ran the car in similar trim on all motor to compare the times?

I'm suspecting high 12's- 13.0's NA?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On motor, my best was 13.27 @ 103.8 on a set of G60 McCreary Dirt track tires. 60ft was 1.81, but that was before some suspension mods.

With the same setup as the spray (including the tune and tire size) the car ran in the 13.40 range, @ 99-100mph.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw, that was with Strange 31 spline axles, Strange spool and Strange C clip elims, and a lowly stock rebuilt T5! mwuahahahaha

·
Registered
718 Posts
Blk88GT said:
I was shifting @ 5k. Passing through the traps around 5900 or so.

was that 4rth gear?Im going to 4:30's and may have to rethink it as my car really quits pulling past 5500

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Bah, don't make me get into this punk. :D :p

·
Registered
228 Posts
So how did the new one work out? One of my neighbors is working on a 408...just wondering what he might expect.

Ron

·
Registered
245 Posts
BC the added Oxygen from the NOS makes the motor breath like a larger one at lower Rs, but at higher RPMs the stock ports show their weaknesses.

·
Registered
80 Posts
freezy74 said:
please keep in mind i am a blower buy,but any reason the hp gain from the bottle was 100hp and steadly dropped to stock levels again as rpm went up?
He only dropped 30HP on the dyno sheet.. The 2 lines on the chart are TQ and HP.. Top number being TQ..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sure, but look at the curves, especailly the TQ. It drops like a rock. I've seen very few NOS curves stay flat, and those were on healthy motors with big cam and intake. [email protected] is like a basic heads, cam, and intake car. But at lower Rs it's like a stroker's.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have a similar setup as you, but are you injected or carbed? I have a stock 302 long block with a Performer RPM upper/lower w/ 24lb injectors, Mac shorties, h-pipe and flowmaster cat back. The car weighs about 3350 without me in it, on motor it went a [email protected] and with a dry 75 it went a [email protected] 109. It has a T5 with a motorsport clutch, 3.73's and stock control arms with motorsport lowering springs. Best 60ft. on a 275/50 BFG drag radial is a 1.63. Pretty amazing what a small shot in the arm will do!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts