Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had their stock 87-93 intake ported or any other things done to it and what were the flow numbers and how do the compare to other intakes? I want to build a stock appearing motor but not have it run like stock. :D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yes! I just "ordered" a stock ported intake from Tom Moss (tmoss). Check out his work here:
http://tmossporting.bravepages.com/

I'm in the middle of my install as I type...

·
Registered
10,989 Posts
my "standard" port work on a lower has been flow tested at 195cfm average for the 8 runners without using a clay radius on the inlet.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
How many hands you got? Who are you, Doc Oc?
Good luck Mark!
It's called a "figure of speech!" :p

Should get it fired up tonight - did you see these lifters I found?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
OUch...are those out of your car? What causes that?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yup... It appears to me that they are just fatiged. Several of them have "stress cracks" all over the roller - look at the one on the right towards the bottom - the flash really picked it up - looks like a hair. 275,000 miles and I've floated them pretty bad a few times before my head swap. I think they're just giving up! The (stock) cam looks and feels to be OK...

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
Wow...reason I ask is I'm on my 150k stockers with TWS springs and a Comp .533 lift cam and I cannot get the #3 rockers to stay consistently quiet. Sometimes they tick pretty loud and I figure they're getting hammered.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
That's exactly what a couple of mine were doing - I could not get them set/adjusted and quiet. And I'm almost positive the worst lifter (left pic) is one I couldn't adjust right... Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts