Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed edlebrock 6037s, other engine related mods are shortys, xpipe, flows, 255 in tank. My car pulls really strong from 3000-4500 but after that it falls flat. It's better than stock but not a whole lot better. I could only muster 99mph at the track which is pretty sad with aftermarket heads and 3.55s. I think I'm still starving for fuel because I get detonation sometimes (timing set at 12). What's gonna open up my engine beyond 4500?

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
Do you have a FP gauge? Can you watch it and see if the FP is dropping off at high RPM's?

How about pulling a plug after a WOT run to see if it is going lean?

I would think a 255 pump would be enough fuel.

Strangely enough, i had detonation probs also with 11 degrees timing. It went away when i changed my stock FP regulator to an adjustable one and richened the car up a bit

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
There is a couple of things I see that could be causing a problem.

1st Do you have an adjustable fuel regulator? Just because you have a big pump, doesn't mean you're getting enough fuel.

2nd. The stock intake is very restrictive. Do you have a bigger throttle body? If not go with a 65 or 70MM. How abut mass air meter? Get an aftermarket one. 73,75,77MM This will help, but you need to ditch the stock intake. At least step up to the explorer/Cobra intake.

3rd. Do you have the stock cam in it? These cams are great for stock applications, but tend to fall off about 4800.00. Sure they will rev higher, but they aren't making power.

Good luck, these are just my suggestions and Im sure everyone has a differant opinion.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts