Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what do you guys think about running a s-trim on my stock 93 cobra with the stock 24# injectors? will i get enough fuel? or do i need to upgrade? 30,36#? thanks let me know...
bryan

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
it will be fine with an FMU. i run that same exact thing. you should get a higher flow pump (walbro gss340) though.

if you dont want to use an FMU then get 42# injectors.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
would the t-rex that comes in the s-trim kit with fmu be enough? you got a preference between pro-m and c&l mass air meters?
thanks,
-bryan

·
Registered
163 Posts
i ran a stone stock 50 for 3 years with an strim seeing 10lb and i ran 30lbers with an fmu with msd btm ignition. You could be ok with 24 lbers but.... Get yourself a good 190-255 intank along with that there t-rex, because if you cant feed the trex it cant feed your motor. I recommend getting a pro-m, c$l bites....

Adam

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
i agree with adam, you will still want to upgrade your intank pump. AND, i hate C&L. for N/A cars they are "ok" at best (i would still get a pro-m) but blown cars they tend to bite the big one.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey, I think that your setup seems pretty good...This is what I ran with 24"s...

9 psi Powerdyne
E cam
Cobra intake (unported)
Ed. Alum. Heads (1.6's)
65mm T.B.
75mm Pro-M
24lb injectors!! W/12:1 plate in FMU (To be safe)
190lph Pump
Equal Length Headers
Off road H
Flowmasters
3.55's

STOCK ROCKERS, PULLEYS, IGNITION, and FAN. No dyno tuning at all.

I put down 414hp and 408tq and the fuel curve was INCREADIBLY RICH all the way until 5600 where it started to lean out to a reasonable mixture ratio..In fact, it was so rich, it dropped off the charts!! It wasn't until after 6000rpm I leaned out to anything that is a concern. So, I am imagining that you will be fine with what you have and should put down some pretty good.....Good Luck!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ran an S-trim for 6 years on my stock 93 Cobra (4 more with an A trim). Made a big difference when I went to 30's for several years. All with a 73mm C&L, perfect idle and a lot of mid to high 11 second timeslips.
Went to 42's last year and eliminated the fmu, dynoed over 500 rwhp. And promptly split the block....

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Kirk,

How long did you get to Run the motor with the 42s, and new setup before you split the block?My block and Everything is Brand new with about 1000 miles on it and my last Dyno session netted 517rwhp on C-12 racing fuel..Im just wondering if Im doomed already..:eek: I haven't driven the car 20 miles since the dyno session but Im about ready to start running the wheels off it ...Thanks man and Oh BTW, you have a Shweet Car!:D

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts