Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of slapping a dart block under my current combo this winter. I know im looking at 23-2400 for machined dart block. New lifters....pretty sure u cant use oem style lifters with the dart. Im looking at hitting it hard with 200-300 shot of juice through the nx tfsr plate kit. Anyone see any issues or things i need to think about. New t56 will replace the ole t5...so thats not a worry. I figure im looking at around 4k to get back up and running? Anyone have experience spraying 300 shot through an efi plate like this?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Comp hydraulic roller lifters with dog bones did not work in my Dart Iron Eagle sportsman block as the lifter bore is too short. The lifter raises the dog bone with only .355 lobe lift(.568 valve lift with 1.6 rocker). The oiling hole on the lifter is also right at the top of the lifter bore. The block is machined for the dog bones and spider, but you would have to run a small base circle cam. Morel makes link bar lifters that should work with normal cams. My build has come to a halt while I wait on some.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Ford Small Blocks - Engine Blocks
Look at the details for each block and you can plan accordingly. I currently have a Dart Iron Eagle(all 5 mains 4-bolt), and I know(according to their PDF) that I need link bar style lifters. Their website is acutally quite helpful. Good luck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ford Small Blocks - Engine Blocks
Look at the details for each block and you can plan accordingly. I currently have a Dart Iron Eagle(all 5 mains 4-bolt), and I know(according to their PDF) that I need link bar style lifters. Their website is acutally quite helpful. Good luck.
The PDF for the Iron Eagle sportsman block was down for a very long time(months) and just recently came back up. It does say link bar lifters needed. All the more reason for confusion as to why did they machine the tops of the lifter bores for dog bone and spider if they knew you could not use it.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
im planning the same this winter, and this...

Dart shp can use the stock dogbones / spidertray not issues
is the best option... im gonna reuse just about everything!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts