Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week while the car was in having new shocks installed,i was shooting the breeze with the "mech"when i noticed some cracks around the perimeter of the tire.A closer inspection reveiled a crack all the way around the one on the front drivers side.The cracks are also at every tread block and across the face of the tire.The one on the passenger front was not so bad but was still cracked.I checked the 2 spares that were on the back before the Nitto,s and these are also cracking.Has anyone else had this problem with these tires?The front tires have only 37.000Km,s on them while the spares have less than 20.000Kms.I,ll just add these are not a small line crack they are more like a deep crevase,they almost look like they will explode any time.I,m just glad i noticed them before something bad happened.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The set my car had when I bought it also were really cracked. I've since replaced all four tires and no cracks, but the car's now parked in a garage, which may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Has anyone else had this problem with these tires?
Yes. On one of my tires the metal bands were showing, about a foot long. It was on the inside of the tire and I guess I did not notice it was happening for a long time. I keep the tires inflated to the recommended specifications. Forgot mileage, but I think it was under 32,xxx. I do not drive hard on the street and have not yet tried auto crossing/road racing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts