Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we went to the chassis dyno last night to get ready for WFC and do a complete tune.
This is a parts motor we bought just for spare parts and valve cover ect. but we put it in while our darg motor is being built.
John form our sponsor ModularPerformance.Com came down to help on the tune (Major thanx goes out to John!!).
I don't know if we are going to give out the numbers yet but we made over 300 through a high stall convertor built for the race motor and a C4 trans (thats right no stick).
This is a carb intake made by P&J speed Shop in NY (John McGowan) and a Pro System carb.
We'll be at WFC trying to get this 20,000 + mile stock motor to run high tens.
Hope to see everyone there....
Shawn

·
Registered
132 Posts
10's off of 300 horses, how much does your car weigh? must be really lite. good luck, write back afterwards and tell how fast you got it to go with only 300 hp!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Jumping on the Bandwagon here but 10's outta 300HP ? Most dont achieve 11's outta that number how you plan on doing it 1 sec faster ? Also if you dont mind sharing info: Give the basics to making a Carb work with 4.6. How does ignition work ? Did you have to fab up a distibutor ? Yada Yada....

·
Registered
684 Posts
I hear this car ran 11.3 already on the first time out. If its for real, it should go 10's now with a tune.

Straight up drag car right there.

Later, Jason

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
jmeiers said:
I hear this car ran 11.3 already on the first time out. If its for real, it should go 10's now with a tune.

Straight up drag car right there.

Later, Jason
Must be awfully light to do 11.3's with 300rwhp.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At NMRA Columbus we made five passes and none were full passes. Major electrical bugs!
We wern't able to run the car till we got to the track because we didn't have a starter for it till it was delivered to the track Friday.
(Special starter due to mid engine plate)
But with all the problems we had our best pass was:
11:39 falling off the line with a 1.7 short time.
We've exterminated the bugs and ran to the dyno to get a tune into it before WFC.
Stop by and say hi
Look for the Yellow 97 T-Bird
Shawn

·
Registered
678 Posts
Ok is this the TBird that Modular Performance use to run, correct me if Im wrong but its a full tube chasis car that weighs way less than 2800#s.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's Light

It's lighter than Mike Tymensky Cobra X and has 12" wide tires. No spin off the line.

Sits real low too. I predict a 10.92 @ 123 mph.

Shawn, need to change rear gear - 4.56 or 4.86 with new motor.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
that car had a carb? I would have looked at it closer if I knew that. never saw it run since I was in the same class. It just looks fast so that doesnt suprise me it may run 10's. I will have to check it out at WFC.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the bird isn't a complete tube car (Back halfed) but AJE made us a nice front suspension kit over the winter that took some wieght off the front.
As far as what it takes to run a carb on a mod motor...well...we're still working on that.
So far so good.
No distributer.... waste fire coils, crank triger.
We are trying to keep everything simple...... that was one reason for the carb.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Shawn Johnson said:
Well the bird isn't a complete tube car (Back halfed) but AJE made us a nice front suspension kit over the winter that took some wieght off the front.
As far as what it takes to run a carb on a mod motor...well...we're still working on that.
So far so good.
No distributer.... waste fire coils, crank triger.
I'm sure many people here would love to see some pictures of a DOHC with a carb. Me included. :joy:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got any pictures with the filter on? hood closed? That is very cool! Thanks for the pic!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That is a sweet setup Shawn. Now smack a plate on that thing and see what she can do on the bottle.:evil:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Awesome! I'd do the same to my MYSTIC if emissions constraints allowed. :joy:

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Shawn Johnson said:
As far as what it takes to run a carb on a mod motor...well...we're still working on that. So far so good.
No distributer.... waste fire coils, crank trigger.
Well.....that was very in depth tech on what it takes to run a carb on a mod motor, Shawn. Thanks.

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts