Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
Back to the original question of "stock 351W roller block limits"
It depends on the parts and the builder.
It really depends on the tuner.
The variables are off the charts.
There is no one answer.

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,060 Posts
Look kiddo do you realize how many companies I had to help sell to China just to make this post? Do you realize how many people are having to wait on car parts from those same companies from China which California is blocking due to EPA laws and COVID mandates that I helped pass because penguins are dying??? It's hard work selling out, but somebody has got to do it.
Dude no joke. Try buying an off road/non catted mid pipe for a Fox body. Most places stopped selling them so the man stopped coming after them.

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,060 Posts
Back to the original question of "stock 351W roller block limits"
It depends on the parts and the builder.
It really depends on the tuner.
The variables are off the charts.
There is no one answer.
There are practical limits that the block becomes a liability. We have to assume OP asks as they want a motor that will last for a number of years. Not a block that will get torn down each season and freshened up.

These blocks have been around for decades. Go on Windsor Facebook pages, forums, YouTube etc.

For most practical applications the block and rods check out somewhere in the 700 to 800 ish Hp range. Beyond those levels it’s just a matter of time.

You can lose the block at any Hp level with a bad tune. Not sure why people dance around the topic.

There was a guy a few weeks back putting down around 650 to the wheels on a supercharged build and block split. It’s on the 351W Facebook page. Yet another data point.

Certainly there is no one answer but there are practical limits that we should acknowledge.

If a 351W was reliably good for a 1000 Hp everyone would be on that bandwagon…..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Dude no joke. Try buying an off road/non catted mid pipe for a Fox body. Most places stopped selling them so the man stopped coming after them.
That's why I'm so thankful I've got an old offroad H-pipe already installed on mine. Such a sad state of affairs that we let California, arguably the dumbest state in the union dictate what we can or can't buy. Unfortunately we are starting to check the papers of new people entering my state to make sure they aren't Californian transplants.

Papers please.

PAPERS?

I think I've heard this story before.

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,060 Posts
That's why I'm so thankful I've got an old offroad H-pipe already installed on mine. Such a sad state of affairs that we let California, arguably the dumbest state in the union dictate what we can or can't buy. Unfortunately we are starting to check the papers of new people entering my state to make sure they aren't Californian transplants.

Papers please.

PAPERS?

I think I've heard this story before.
I used to sell my unused parts. Now I hoard everything as getting harder to find stuff. NOS heater cores going for $200-300 dollars.
I’m lucky I have my H pipe but only recently realized how hard it is to buy new OR mid pipes.

It’s not just CA either. Some states starting to go after tuners now.

Reactions: sn95gts331

·
Registered
418 Posts
I used to sell my unused parts. Now I hoard everything as getting harder to find stuff. NOS heater cores going for $200-300 dollars.
I’m lucky I have my H pipe but only recently realized how hard it is to buy new OR mid pipes.

It’s not just CA either. Some states starting to go after tuners now.
Stocking up on supplies is a good idea, because a dark winter is approaching.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Don't most tuners make you sign an "if it breaks it's not my fault" waiver? SO the guy signs, the tuner breaks the car and the owner says I can't go after the tuner, whose next on the list of people I can blame???

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,060 Posts
Don't most tuners make you sign an "if it breaks it's not my fault" waiver? SO the guy signs, the tuner breaks the car and the owner says I can't go after the tuner, whose next on the list of people I can blame???
Precisely why for my current build I'm going with the "Paranoid Approach". Will be running meth injection and will detune car at least 30-50 Hp. Way too much pain and money to have motor let go due to **** fuel or other silly thing that's not a team player that day.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
A lot of you wasted a lot of your time and then mine writing posts that will never be seen again, because you couldn't keep politics out of a TECH THREAD in a TECH FORUM. Don't do that.

·
Banned
3,179 Posts
A lot of you wasted a lot of your time and then mine writing posts that will never be seen again, because you couldn't keep politics out of a TECH THREAD in a TECH FORUM. Don't do that.
Unfortunately, politicians have forced themselves into every aspect of our lives. You can not discuss anything without a political component. Want to go into the restaurant for a meal? Papers please. Want to keep your job? Jab please. Take a trip on an Airplane? Go to a Conference? Go to a sporting event? Ad nauseam...
It is a fact of life.
I want to buy some parts for my race car.
Sorry, supply side problems. Because why? Because of Politics...
It sucks, but it is real.

·
Banned
4,426 Posts
The only person that wasted your time was you. There's a "X" in the upper right hand corner. Click on it and stop blaming others for your inability to control yourself.

Be an adult.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Ditto, life happens whether you cry or laugh about it. Enjoy this great holiday for what it is, be thankful for what you do have. Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: 65fasback
61 - 77 of 77 Posts