Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats that going to sound like?
i have heard some run no mufflers at all and still not too loud. i still have the stock cats on it, but my wife likes driving my car too much due to the noise, so i have to make her car louder, or let her drive my 89 more.....
so, i bought her some dynomax race bullits!
32 bux each, and these things are totally straight thru.

experiences?

·
Registered
636 Posts
nosmatt said:
whats that going to sound like?
i have heard some run no mufflers at all and still not too loud. i still have the stock cats on it, but my wife likes driving my car too much due to the noise, so i have to make her car louder, or let her drive my 89 more.....
so, i bought her some dynomax race bullits!
32 bux each, and these things are totally straight thru.

experiences?
I have race bullets on my setup with an off-road h-pipe, and it is definitely loud. It sounds better now that I have a couple of thousand miles on the setup. I like it.

I think she'll be pleased. And you know what that means...Happy wife, happy life.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
word!

thanks

ever run them with the stock h pipe on it? loud then, or livable?

put it this way, i would not be able to tolerate them on the 89 below......too damned loud for me!
:)

·
Registered
636 Posts
nosmatt said:
word!

thanks

ever run them with the stock h pipe on it? loud then, or livable?

put it this way, i would not be able to tolerate them on the 89 below......too damned loud for me!
:)
Sorry, I haven't gone back to the catted pipe yet, as I'm not up for e-check until September of 2003. So, I'm still a scofflaw tree-killer smogging up the environment.

Right now the car gets loud enough that the interior resonance sometimes makes me dizzy. But, I also have the exhaust dumped right in front of the rear axle. It does sound sweet, though. Deep, loud and powerful.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
already got them and put them on.
thanks for the link anyway...

sounds good btw, pretty darn quiet at idle and startup, but when you get on it, you can definately hear it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So how do they FLOW..compared to your OLD mufflers. What were your old mufflers??? Did you notice any increase in the LOW-END???

Thanks,
Leo

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
definately flow better, they look like old school glass packs, but they dont sound like them!
very nice sound, and not very intrusive at all....however, you run an off road pipe, they will rattle your brain im sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts