Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale, Brand new, never used, Stinger P.I.M.P. Stand Alone Engine management System. Uses VE Analyze live for "Auto Tune" Please PM me with any questions. Comes just like it did from Stinger. Thumb drive, sticker, stand alone computer, jumpers, Tuner studio and pc cable. I just paid $730 shipped for the computer. Asking $700 or best offer. Decided I am going carb.
thanks

STINGER PERFORMANCE PARTS - 2.3 Turbo Performance Parts for Mustang SVO, Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Merkur XR4Ti, Pinto, Ranger, and Sand Rails

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's your money that you spent, so I understand you want to recoup most of what you can. I will make you a serious offer on it, but buying "used" from an individual and not being able to return it, I would expect a decent discount on the price. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Meant to be run as a Speed Density Unit, but can be configured to accommodate MAF inputs. Uses factory O2 inputs or can be wired for WBO2 input. Currently running a 306 HCI combo and working out the details of my tune with a PIMP.
ive been looking at the holley hp efi, but these seem to be similar. How is your car running on the pimp? My 89 has 306 gt40 U&L, gt40 heads, long tubes, e303, 24lb inj, but i was also wanting something to control my e fan as well. right now im on stock ecu so it doesnt run the best..

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
That's almost my exact combo right now. I have shorty headers and Edelbrock intake are the only differences. It runs STRONG up top and throttle response is instant. I think I need to dumb down the timing curve a little, and work on the lower RPM stuff as it doesn't like lugging around town much, but the E cam pretty much sucks. I gotta say running on the stock computer made the cam sound much better, but it feels much quicker now that I've tuned it.

All that being said, I just received my Holley HP EFI setup. That will go on with the new setup(Dart 331, AFR, 76+mm Turbo, Lentech AOD). Can't wait to play with that!

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's almost my exact combo right now. I have shorty headers and Edelbrock intake are the only differences. It runs STRONG up top and throttle response is instant. I think I need to dumb down the timing curve a little, and work on the lower RPM stuff as it doesn't like lugging around town much, but the E cam pretty much sucks. I gotta say running on the stock computer made the cam sound much better, but it feels much quicker now that I've tuned it.

All that being said, I just received my Holley HP EFI setup. That will go on with the new setup(Dart 331, AFR, 76+mm Turbo, Lentech AOD). Can't wait to play with that!
ya im just not sure if the pimp is the way to go, or if i should just get the holley hp. also there is a new pimp out with sequential inj, im not sure if thats what i need or not. lol

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I'd say it really comes down to how much you're happy to spend. Megasquirt systems have come a long way and are VERY capable units, especially for the price point. Holley, BS3,FAST, Pro M, Haltech, etc are all very nice units with better fit and finish than a megasquirt module. They also come at a greater cost.
My only advice would be to do a lot of reading about tuning and such. You learn a ####load about how everything works. I really enjoy it, but it is time consuming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.