Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here's the deal...

Ever since I bought my 94 GT the suspension has been sort of wierd. If I let go of the steering wheel then the car would go to the right. Also when I would brake the car would turn to a certain direction. So I got a front end alignment and that hardly helped at all.

A couple of months ago after driving for a couple of hours I parked the car and there was a big blob of grease on the front-passenger-side wheel. Yesterday after driving from Wisconsin for 3 hours, I found a similar blob of grease on my mustang's front-driver's side wheel. The grease in both instances is black.

The next problem is that the alignment problem still exists but now the car will sometimes go to the left when I let go of the steering wheel and sometimes it will go to the right. I find that I think the direction depends on which direction I turned the steering wheel last. For example if I change lanes on the highway and I move to a right lane, then the car will go to the right if I let go of the steering wheel.

Also, when I brake on the highway the steering wheels shakes violently. My guess is that it's the rotors? But I can't feel it in the pedal.

Also, should I get the suspension bushings replaced? Which bushings do I need?

·
Super Moderator
27,649 Posts
The steering memory issue is likely a ball joint or both ball joints going bad. The shaking under braking is likely the rotors and you won't necessarily feel it in the pedal. If it shimmys while driving on the highway, look to tie rod ends or A-arm bushings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts