Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steeda Oil Separator Filter

Does anyone happen to have the little glass oil separator from Steeda? If so, how do you change the filter? I’ve had it a couple of years now and when I first got it I found it strange that you couldn’t change the filter, at least I assumed that was the case since I couldn't figure out how to get it open. I tried to unscrew the bowl but it didn’t feel like it was going to spin so I stopped because I was afraid I was going to break it. So I assumed it wasn’t meant to be opened. Today I came across a replacement filter for the thing so I guess it can be replaced. Does anyone have one by chance and if so, do you know to open the darn thing to get to the filter? Separator https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-oil-separator-555-3710.html
Filter https://www.steeda.com/mustang-replacement-oil-separator-filter.html.html

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm curious as to why you think it needs changed? Mine has been on for 3 or 4 years. It looks fine. I've drained it maybe 4 times since it was installed. Never more than 1/2" of fluid in it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I talked to steeda directly as I just ordered this separator for my vortech install and the guy I spoke with says you don't need to mess with the filter. I told him I was going to order a replacement filter at the same time of the separator he said don't bother.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious as to why you think it needs changed? Mine has been on for 3 or 4 years. It looks fine. I've drained it maybe 4 times since it was installed. Never more than 1/2" of fluid in it.
It’s been on there 4-5 years now. When I came across the replacement filter I figured changing it wouldn’t be bad to do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I talked to steeda directly as I just ordered this separator for my vortech install and the guy I spoke with says you don't need to mess with the filter. I told him I was going to order a replacement filter at the same time of the separator he said don't bother.
(Regardless of the fact that Im pointing this out when its really not a big deal)
This is surprising,but good to know.IOW- Im surprised the Steeda employee wasnt trying to push or upsale you another item to generate more sales
(eventhough it was your idea to buy the additional item replacement filter to begin with) Most of these online companies try to get their employees to sell,sell, sell,so this gives me more reason to want to deal with Steeda in the future.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(Regardless of the fact that Im pointing this out when its really not a big deal)
This is surprising,but good to know.IOW- Im surprised the Steeda employee wasnt trying to push or upsale you another item to generate more sales
(eventhough it was your idea to buy the additional item replacement filter to begin with) Most of these online companies try to get their employees to sell,sell, sell,so this gives me more reason to want to deal with Steeda in the future.
I only have two of their products, their Triax shifter and that separator. Do y’all think as a whole Steeda is hit or miss, all “good,” or all “ok?” I need a new clutch cable and quadrant but I’m not sure Steeda is the way to go on that one.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I only have two of their products, their Triax shifter and that separator. Do y’all think as a whole Steeda is hit or miss, all “good,” or all “ok?” I need a new clutch cable and quadrant but I’m not sure Steeda is the way to go on that one.
I’m a fan of the ford racing adjustable one. Really nice pedal even with a upgraded

1 - 13 of 13 Posts