Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my 95 gt I had always wanted a steeda 5 link but couldnt afford it because of the cost of the additional mods you had to make.(700$ side exhaust mainly)
Now that I have my 02 and steeda has the new 5 link 2 system, Im really starting to drool but can't help wonder if the ride will be too harsh?
Anyone have a 5 link? Whats it like?
Never heard of anyone driving on the street with one of these, is it because of the price or is this setup not friendly for daily driving?

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
What do you plan on using the car for? What are you tyring to accomlish?

It shouldn't make the ride any harsher assuming you use conseritive spring/shock settings. Looking at it, it looks like it uses all metal bushings, they may increase NVHs a bit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I never drag race and I loved the low end torque my 95 had.
If I could decribe what kind of car I wanted It would be one with torque(just for drivability) and could keep glued to the road. I love long smooth winding roads, especially ones with slight rolling hills.
I was thinking a set of gears, TB and plenum, a 5link, bilsteins and some of the approprite 1-1 and 1/4 lowering springs and maybe lower rear control arms and sway bar would pretty much get me were I want to be. I like the ride of my car now, with the exception that the back feels loose sometimes and their is a little bit more roll then I want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts