Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the specs on this cam? I'm thinking about removing this Lunati and putting in a #19 or going back with a stock one. How's drivability with the #19.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Driveability is pretty good. I have an ocasional idle hunt. Don't have spec off hand, but if you do a search you will be able to find them. There is a lot of feedback on the cam if you search.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Running mine w/ 1.7s, kenne bell, twisted wedge aluminum heads, etc., etc.

Moved the powerband up 1000 to 1500 rpms, pulls really well on top now. I like mine alot. No idle issues, no hunting for idle, has a nice light lope to it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
thinking about using this cam along with 1.7's. but i heared people complaing about losing bottom end. so i plan on putting it in 2 degrees advance to push the powerband back and get me some more toque.

did you guys install it straight up/ advance/ retard?

·
Registered
156 Posts
not trying to hijack your thread, but advancing a cam pushes the power band lower for more torque and retarding it pushes it higher for more top end power?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Yes advancing the cam lowers the power band for more torque while retarding it makes more top end.

However there is one thing that needs to be cleared up. 99% of most cams are have advance ground in. For example a cam with 112 lobe seperation angle is installed straight up when the intake centerline is at 112. Most cams will have the intake centerline around 108 so that would have 4 degrees advance ground into it. Now you can still install it with additional advance, but all that usally does is kill top end. The only well known cam that is a true straight up design is the e303 which is on 110 lsa and the intake centerline is at 110.

The Steeda #19 has a 115 lsa and the intake centerline is at 111. Advancing it 4 degress would put it at 107 which is more in line with other cams so it might make up some more bottom end.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know what sort of combo you're running but I didn't notice much if any loss in low end torque when i put my cam in. I was actually surprised by how much torque it still has down low and then it really helped it out above 5k compared to the stock cobra cam which is pathetic.....don't judge the cam by the time in the sig I haven't been to the track in a while....it really does run well......

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Installed the cam straight-up. Low end torque is still really good (but then again I have a Kenne Bell)

Last dyno shows 327 rwtq at 2,000 rpms. :)

It really helped on the top end, the car picks-up at 3500-5500 versus dying. It does feel like I lost low end, but I think in reality it "comes-on" i.e. horsepower at a higher rpm, so I think its a really nice mix. Great low end torque, and the HP kicks in at the right time for a really good street feel.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Dan95-5.0 said:
yes. by how much i dont know
I played with my Autoware software on a completly stock 5.0

stock
[email protected] - 264ft/[email protected]

Steeda #19 ICA=111
[email protected] - 260ft/[email protected]

Steeda #19 ICA=107
[email protected] - 262ft/[email protected]

on my setup

Steeda #19 ICA=111
[email protected] - 371ft/[email protected]

Steeda #19 ICA=107
[email protected] - 371ft/[email protected]

IMO thats not worth the money for gaskets on a stocker, and only hurts top end on a more modified setup.

One thing I know is that the Steeda#19 loves timing. So if you just set it at 10-12 degrees it does feel kind of sluggish. I have mine at 16 degrees. It would like more, but it starts to rattle on top end then.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
How does the powerband of the Steeda #19 compare to the E303?

I loved the E-cam in my '92. It pulled like a rocket ship to the limiter.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Specs with 1.7's on the Steeda #19 is:

220/226 @.050 .516/.516 with a 115 LSA.

Specs with 1.6's are:

220/226 @.050 .480/.480 with a 115 LSA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts