Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this? https://www.statefarm.com/insurance/auto/antique-classic-cars If so I'd love to hear how you valued your car and the premiums.

Currently when I pull my 1999 Cobra from storage it gets full coverage and when in storage just comprehensive in case of fire or theft. The way they figure "fair value" for a 20 year old Mustang Cobra is they might try and provide a payout of 5-6k. That's hardly worth it. I'd rather salvage the drive train and put everything in my favorite FF5 kit. But if the insurance is about the same for Classic coverage then I could get what I think it's worth.

What is it worth? Help me out with this because I'm sure I'll think it's worth more than it is. It's a Black 1999 Cobra and i''m the original owner. There are 52,000 miles on the odometer and it's never been in snow and rarely in rain. The car is as clean as you'll ever find inside, outside, and underneath. Not a spec of rust. Storage has always been climate controlled.

It has a lot of mods. It has a full Kenny Brown suspension including Koni's from the 1999-2000 era. This includes a full matrix brace and rear shock tower brace as well as the front shock tower brace. K-brace, upper/lower A-arms, aluminum drive shaft (not a cheap one), 4:10 gears. Cam adjusters. Kenny Brown techs did the install. Wheels are the early 5 spoke chromed forged 18x9's and it has new Nitto Invo's (295/35/18) with less than 500 miles. Original brakes but with slotted Brembo rotors and ceramic/metallic Hawk pads. The calipers have been rebuilt, powder coated, and look original.

The transmission has the full treatment by THET45SOURCE that Zak perfected. 26 spline input, carbon fiber synros, billet clutch forks etc,. It has a Steeda Tri-x shifter with a weighted knob. Centerforce Dual Friction PP/Disc, new clutch fork, MM cable, basically the best stuff possible.

You can eat off the engine. Vortech SQ pushing 10-11lbs of boost, Anderson Ford CAI, MAF, all the bits and parts to achieve over 500rwho, Not much over, just over. What's holding it up now is the fuel.. needs more. I have a 2003/4 tank and next spring I'll get a new hat and pump and lines and build in more safety but I have no desire to pump it up further. The car drives nice, tons of power, AC, you can drive it coast to coast in comfort. I've updated the water pump, 3 row alum radiator, alum recover tank, pretty clean. JBA ceramic coated shorty headers with a full Magnaflow exhaust including cats. Oil analysis every change which is every time before it goes into storage, and when it comes out. Using the same motorcraft syntheitc/regular blend and motorcraft filters.. it's all I use. I bought a bunch of the last green motorcraft antifreeze my dealer had since they discontinued it.. The only fluid not stock is the purple ice wetting agent.

The paint has been color sanded and had minimal swirls. No accidents. Interior is pristine with a 3 gauge panel in the center console with an oil pressure, fuel pressure and AFR wideband. All Autometer white face phantoms that match the stock guages closely. The factory head unit has been replalced by a nice Kenwood media center with a small 3" screen to watch movies, etc. Stock amps and the stock speaker were replaced with stock slize higher end speakers. Stock cobra floor mats, stock cobra cover,

So that's it. The original invoice, every receipt for every part, and every letter from Ford including their gift packs. Also two leather jackets they gave 1999 owners after the power debacle as a way of saying sorry. You're only supposed to get one and I did, but I got another off e-bay in another size for my son.

So.. what do you think it's worth if I take my time selling it, and what would you try and value it at for insurance purpposes. And if you know if any actual 1999 Cobra's being sold and have around the same miles and equipment.. please link me to it. It will help the evaluation process. THANK YOU.

Who fuc(ed with the forum skin?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Does anyone have experience with this? https://www.statefarm.com/insurance/auto/antique-classic-cars If so I'd love to hear how you valued your car and the premiums.

Currently when I pull my 1999 Cobra from storage it gets full coverage and when in storage just comprehensive in case of fire or theft. The way they figure "fair value" for a 20 year old Mustang Cobra is they might try and provide a payout of 5-6k. That's hardly worth it. I'd rather salvage the drive train and put everything in my favorite FF5 kit. But if the insurance is about the same for Classic coverage then I could get what I think it's worth.

What is it worth? Help me out with this because I'm sure I'll think it's worth more than it is. It's a Black 1999 Cobra and i''m the original owner. There are 52,000 miles on the odometer and it's never been in snow and rarely in rain. The car is as clean as you'll ever find inside, outside, and underneath. Not a spec of rust. Storage has always been climate controlled.

It has a lot of mods. It has a full Kenny Brown suspension including Koni's from the 1999-2000 era. This includes a full matrix brace and rear shock tower brace as well as the front shock tower brace. K-brace, upper/lower A-arms, aluminum drive shaft (not a cheap one), 4:10 gears. Cam adjusters. Kenny Brown techs did the install. Wheels are the early 5 spoke chromed forged 18x9's and it has new Nitto Invo's (295/35/18) with less than 500 miles. Original brakes but with slotted Brembo rotors and ceramic/metallic Hawk pads. The calipers have been rebuilt, powder coated, and look original.

The transmission has the full treatment by THET45SOURCE that Zak perfected. 26 spline input, carbon fiber synros, billet clutch forks etc,. It has a Steeda Tri-x shifter with a weighted knob. Centerforce Dual Friction PP/Disc, new clutch fork, MM cable, basically the best stuff possible.

You can eat off the engine. Vortech SQ pushing 10-11lbs of boost, Anderson Ford CAI, MAF, all the bits and parts to achieve over 500rwho, Not much over, just over. What's holding it up now is the fuel.. needs more. I have a 2003/4 tank and next spring I'll get a new hat and pump and lines and build in more safety but I have no desire to pump it up further. The car drives nice, tons of power, AC, you can drive it coast to coast in comfort. I've updated the water pump, 3 row alum radiator, alum recover tank, pretty clean. JBA ceramic coated shorty headers with a full Magnaflow exhaust including cats. Oil analysis every change which is every time before it goes into storage, and when it comes out. Using the same motorcraft syntheitc/regular blend and motorcraft filters.. it's all I use. I bought a bunch of the last green motorcraft antifreeze my dealer had since they discontinued it.. The only fluid not stock is the purple ice wetting agent.

The paint has been color sanded and had minimal swirls. No accidents. Interior is pristine with a 3 gauge panel in the center console with an oil pressure, fuel pressure and AFR wideband. All Autometer white face phantoms that match the stock guages closely. The factory head unit has been replalced by a nice Kenwood media center with a small 3" screen to watch movies, etc. Stock amps and the stock speaker were replaced with stock slize higher end speakers. Stock cobra floor mats, stock cobra cover,

So that's it. The original invoice, every receipt for every part, and every letter from Ford including their gift packs. Also two leather jackets they gave 1999 owners after the power debacle as a way of saying sorry. You're only supposed to get one and I did, but I got another off e-bay in another size for my son.

So.. what do you think it's worth if I take my time selling it, and what would you try and value it at for insurance purpposes. And if you know if any actual 1999 Cobra's being sold and have around the same miles and equipment.. please link me to it. It will help the evaluation process. THANK YOU.

Who fuc(ed with the forum skin?
Last I talked to them about it I was basically told they are just a middle man for hagerty. I then called hagerty and a quote and it was cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts