Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.3l Mustang has been uable to start recently. It all started after I crossed a partially flooded intersection(water was about a little less then mid way up the tire deep) The car almost stalled in the water. But upon placing it in neutral and giving it gas I was able to avoid it stalling. I made it out of the intersection and drove approximently 7 miles on the interstate. Got home shut it off and it hasnt started since. It cranks but wont start. I noticed it wouldnt start after I changed spark plug wires..I did not mount the wires as they were previously on the distributor...But as how they are shown in the Chiltons manual. Ive tried changing the thick flim igniton module and it still will not start. Ive checked coil resitance(its less than 1ohm). Any ideas or things to check would greatly be apppreciated.....How exactly do I check for spark?

·
Registered
544 Posts
U can take the spark plug wire, center one off the cap, leave it on the coil side, stick something conducting into the wire, set it somewhere where it's grounded, but leave some distance so u can see the spark. Then crank the engine and watch for spark.

Next, take one of the wire ends off the spark plug, leave the other side connected. Then repeat the process. If u have spark there, you'll probably have spark to the other 7, but if u want u can check those too.

The spark should be a nice blue color.

In a pinch, on the side of the rode, I've used a key to check for spark when nothing else was available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts