Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 GT 5.0 starter clicks one time per key turn. Had starter and starter solenoid tested. Both are fine. Part store says that the 94 has the traditional 3 post relay. However, I can not find it. I see the high current fuse box has a starter relay in it. What can I do. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
88 Posts
clean the battery terminals and recharge the battery. that's the problem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Are you well grounded? Make sure the connections are all clean and ground wire is in good shape. Worst case your starter motor is gone. The click is probably the solenoid popping the drive gear out but the starter won't go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually had the starter tested and it passed with flying colors installed it and the same on click still happened. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Doh! sorry, my speed reading course taught me to just read the first and last word of every sentence...I miss so much when I use this technigue.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My car had the same problem, here is what I did. ( I have no idea what caused it to happen )
First when the car doesn't start get a set of jumper cables, put one on the negative terminal of the battery, and the other end to a good grounded piece of metal in the motor compartment. See if this makes the car start, if so you may have a bad motor ground. If you see sparks when this happens when trying to crank over the car, this means you may also have a bad motor ground as it is trying to ground, but not completely successful.
If this ends up being your culprit, replace the negative battery cable going from the - terminal to engine block. This should cure your issue.

Dan
95 rio red cobra #2021

·
Registered
88 Posts
I still think you need to clean off the terminal connections, the corrosion on the terminals could easily cause this. the best bet if they are dirty is to buy new connetors and cut the old ones off. also, get a multitester and measure the resistance from the + terminal to the starter and - terminal to the body and block. that will tell you if one of the wires is bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts