Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm switching to a D&D Tubular K Member, A-Arms, Coil Overs, and a Manual Rack. I need to get new bushings for the rack and was wondering if I should get standard or offset? What are the advantages of offset rack bushings? My car is a street/strip geared more towards racing with minimal street time.

Any help is greatly apreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well...................

I've gotten away from offset rack bushings.

In my experience, offsets move the rack up often interfering with aftermarket pans or drop motor mounts.

I would suggest poly standard bushings, a little less give.

For solving bump steer issues, go for a bump steer kit. Baer, Granetelli, (sp) and others make them.

Food for thought!

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Offset rack bushings mvoe the rack up to restore the tie rod angle in lowered cars so bumpsteer is mitigated. If your car isn't lowered (or isn't lowered *much*) then don't bother.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It you have not lowerd you car more than 1 1/2 stay away from the off set bushings. If it's lower than that install a bump streer kit instead. Off set bushings can cause more trouble than help.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS!

Thanks guys! I am just going to get standard poly bushings. My front end will be lowered with the adjustable coil overs but not to extreme.

Thanks Again for the help!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about those but what advantage would they give me over the poly's for a drag raced car?

·
Registered
296 Posts
IMPULSE RACING said:
I thought about those but what advantage would they give me over the poly's for a drag raced car?
Well....I guess it would help if I actually woke up before I posted:lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Racenutz!

What is it about 'Stangs and Rex's?

Seems to be a corelation!

A basic machine, easy to modify, and the simple mods have the greatest impact.

I've got an '02 in faster green. Tsukigi Carbon Pipe, Ivan Jet Kit, Crispy's emission plugs, and Ted's Advancer.

Sweet machine.

Go Green......or go slow :joy:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Re: Hey Racenutz!

SPRTSMN said:
What is it about 'Stangs and Rex's?

Seems to be a corelation!

A basic machine, easy to modify, and the simple mods have the greatest impact.

I've got an '02 in faster green. Tsukigi Carbon Pipe, Ivan Jet Kit, Crispy's emission plugs, and Ted's Advancer.

Sweet machine.

Go Green......or go slow :joy:
Not to post whore but...

Yeah, I love my REX. The only things I've done to mine are a Corbin Saddle (IMO the stock seat sucks) and Bar-end mirrors (can't see jack with the stock ones) Hopefully that'll be changed soon:D I'm thinking seriously about writing Mr. Muzzy a check for $2600 (ZRX-1200 Power Modifications ) The main reason that I bought mine is they're confortable, quick (stock 10's), look a hell of a lot better then most plastic fantastics (aka crotch rockets) and respond very well to mods

A buddy of mine has a '01 Black ZRX1100 with a Muzzy race megaphone and pods. Damn, does that bike sound sweet!!! He also changed his to a single headlight (instead of the bikini fairing), looks sweet...oh yeah, after he gets it out of winter storage he's got a set of ZX11 cams for it

BTW, do you ever post on the ZRXOA's message board?

·
Registered
158 Posts
All the time, under the same name, a great reference!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I went back with stock bushings w\ my D&D K-member. They work fine.
-tyler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts