Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you all recommend? This is for a '95 GT coupe w/ 3.27 gears that is driven daily. I am thinking that 2600 rpm sounds about right. comments?

(BTW... the 3.27's are staying, so PLEASE do not tell me to get gears! ;) )

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know it is a totally different car and tranny, but my '68 has a 2500 stall in the C4. It is very driver friendly and a big help. Feeling this, I wouldn't even mind being closer to 3000. I would recommend the 2600 like you are thinking for your car, it is very drivable while still being friendly to the overdrive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey novadude... first of all, GET A BIGGER GEAR! Ha ha ha! I just had to say it. Sorry about that. It's just that I run a 4.10 gear in my otherwise-totally-stock `93 LX 5.0 AOD notchback and absolutely love it. I drive on the highway 40 miles everyday to work and back at Ford. Thank goodness for overdrive! :D

I don't know if they're the same, but my factory converter stahls around 2,000rpm. This seemed a little low to me, but that's what I'm told is about right. I'm also told there's significant performance to be gained by buying a quality converter for an AOD. I do a tad too much city driving too, so that's why I really don't want to add any slippage to my converter. We all have different needs/applications I suppose!

·
Registered
147 Posts
My 93 AOD was around 1800 stall (stock). So I'm pretty sure yours is probably the same.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey bwhite... I'm sure you're right. I just recall mine stalling really low. 1,800 actually sounds more correct.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I've been told that the AODE converter stalls higher than the fox's AOD converter. I was told it stalls about 2500. I think that's about right, because mine will flash to 2500 while cruising in 3rd if I give it the right amount of gas to keep it in 3rd wo/ downshifting. I just got this car, the tranny has problems which the owner told me was "slipping". I don't "think" it's slipping to 2500 rpm though, I think it's acting fine and stalling to 2500 rpm. My problems are related to lock up I believe, which has nothing to do with this post, just thought I'd throw it in ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts