Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in stainless radiator hoses.... they are like the chrome MAC ones but stainless. at this time they would only be for FOX bodys.....

choices would be:

upper and lower unpolished (standard)
upper and lower polished (standard)

upper and lower unpolished (blower)
upper and lower polished (blower)

they would also include a petcock in the lower hose, silicon connectors, and stainless hose clamps.

I am going to be welding a bung into my lower hose to install my VW temp sensor for my electirc fan.... this could also be an option.....

just seeing if there is any interest. I had a couple bent up for my cars and picked them up last night- they look really nice... i juct need to polished them up and try them out- I can get more made if people are interested..... going to be looking at a price of around $220-$240 for the kit ....... going to try and get the kits together cheaper but i have to see.........

anyone interested??

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'd be interested. Got any pics of them polished yet? I'd like to see how they look.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Originally posted by PUR PONY
I am going to be welding a bung into my lower hose to install my VW temp sensor for my electirc fan.... this could also be an option.....
You might be better off putting that sensor elsewhere. You will get a much more accurate temperature reading at the radiator inlet instead of the outlet. That's why the ECT sensor is on the intake manifold instead of elsewhere. Think about it and let me know if you don't understand why...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You might be better off putting that sensor elsewhere. You will get a much more accurate temperature reading at the radiator inlet instead of the outlet. That's why the ECT sensor is on the intake manifold instead of elsewhere. Think about it and let me know if you don't understand why...
I understand what you mean but nobody can give me a straight answer... I have been looking into this and reading the posts for the last year on this and 50% say lower radiator hose, and 50% say thermo housing.......

the good thing about being in the lower radiator hose is my electric fan wont be running all the time if the radiator itself is cooling the antifreeze enough..... every time the thermo opens my fan will be on. no biggy i guess...

89WhiteGTRagtop - i dont have any pictures of them polished yet. Hopefully this weekend. I will however get a picture of the lower hose unpolished tonight. the upper hose is still getting bent. I have a blower so i had to figure where i needed the bends to clear everything.
the place that is doing it for me has a nice set up... all cnc benders and everything. My father acturally used to own the company but never did anyhthng with bending... the guy that bought the place already owned a small bending company... they do everything now.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is a quick picture. these are unpolished at this time. hope to polish them over the weekend-

·
Registered
678 Posts
I might be interested. Just wondering, what's the point of metal hoses? Most of the time I see them on blower cars. Do blower cars put more pressure through the cooling system and regular hoses collapse?

·
Registered
27 Posts
actually they are mainly used on blower cars for relocating purposes, it is in angles that the rubber hoses wouldnt work with. And to tell ya the truth, the rubber hose is the weak link to when u have too much psi in the cooling system, its a way of savin the motor in a way.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the metal hoses are more for show then anything. they are still connected with silicone hoses so they act the same as rubber at the ends.

yes- the reason that blower cars have them is the radiator hose is in the way of hte blower. So the blower company includes a straight metal pipe that you just cut your rubber hose and slide this pipe in..... shortening and changing the location so the blower will fit. That is why i am planning on upper stainless hoses bend both for blower and non blower cars.

·
Registered
287 Posts
where could you get the metal/chrome upper radiator hose to clear a blower?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good idea, but $240 for two pieces of metal sounds crazy! No offense:D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tumm37 - i am having them bent to clear a blower.

JGarrison - it may sould somewhat expensive but the saying is true- you get what you pay for....

first off.. stainless is much more expensive, then bending, flaring the ends, polishing, silicone connectors, and stainless hose clamps..... its not junk and will out live your car- trust me.
if no one whats them... no big deal... ill have a set on my cars and thats all that matters to me.

instead of polishing I can also powdercoat them if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i am going to talk to the guy sometime soon and see if he can go ahead and bend me up about 10 sets...... once i get the kits together i can let everyone a final price, polished, or powdercoat color options.... this is probably going to take about a month though since the shop is pretty busy with aircraft and sub parts at this time.... look for upcoming info int he future-

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, I think I'd rather have powdercoated also. Would powdercoating be cheaper than polishing? If so, can you powdercoat in colors?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes- powdercoat would all be in colors...

black (satin, gloss, chrome black), red, green, yellow, blue, purple, orange, and many more....

·
Registered
678 Posts
Great. But is it more or less than the polished ones?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i really wont be able to tell till i get a couple sets made- the price i gave was just a quick estimate off the top of my head.... ill talk to the guys and get working on this for you. I believe the guy i deal with is on vacation til monday

·
Registered
540 Posts
stainless water hoses

Hey I think I'd be interested it the price was right let me know when you get a quote. Is a clear powdercoat an option?
Thanks
Cam[email protected]

PS
They kinda look like Lx tail pipes that were bent and flared

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
clear powdercoat is an option and once mine are polished thats probably what im going to do. I still have not got them on my car... they are at my friends house where he is making me the bungs for the pet cock and the temp switch. I hope to have them back this weekend and get this project moving along. ill post when i find more info out

1 - 20 of 25 Posts