Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my front strut squeaks when you push down on the car, is this just a bushing, or the whole thing? It is really annoying when driving, because the roads here are not very smooth. Also, the power steering is really loud, I just replaced my power steering pump, and it says that you have to allow for a 500 mile break-in, but I think it may be something else. It sounds like some chasis part from the lower right front, also the strut that squeaks, is on the right front side too. My girlfriend must have hit a big pot hole that she is not telling me about. Any ideas? Does my car have those little things (I don't know what they are called) that you can hook a grease gun up to? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the same problem. Has anyone been able to come up with an answer??

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
sounds like a ball joint to me. My car did the exact same thing. Take a look at both of them.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 94 GT was doing the same thing squeaking when i was driving and when i pushed down on the pass front fender it would squeak i just went to autozone and got a new strut and it was all better i took it to a shop to have them just look at it for info they said it was the ball joint but i didnt think so plus its alot easier to replace the strut

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Quit letting the girlfriend drive the car....LOL Seriously though, I would bet it's a bad ball joint. Jack the car up and put your hands on 12 and 6:00 and push in at the top and pull out at the bottom and vice versa. If there is any play then the ball joint is bad. Best advice...order new Cobra front lower control arms. They come with new ball joints, new bushings and firm up your steering. As far as you're steering is concerned, how is your rack & pinion? Is it leaking? What are you running for fluid in the PS pump? It's best to use ATF or Lucas PSF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts