Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 mustang, non brembo, with a constant sqeak coming from the right rear of the car. I suspect the noise is coming from the brakes because the squeak goes away when the brakes are applied, and seems to get louder the hotter the brakes get. I have visited the Ford dealership twice for this issue and it still squeaks. The dealership keeps going to the driveshaft thinking its a U-joint. I have read multiple threads about this issue but havnt found anyone that has had the issue resolved. Does anyone have any advice on what this issue is?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I'd be thinking you might have a slightly tweaked axle shaft. If you can get the car up a bit in the back and spin the wheels you can look for the wobble that'd indicate this on the offending side.

U joints don't squeak, generally.

If that checks out, I'd hose the rear brakes down with water really well and drive a bit. If the noise goes away and then returns when they dry up, there's your culprit. Sadly, you have to let them play it out for themselves with warranty work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.